|The author(s) of this timeline are not accepting major edits to this work. The only ones authorized to edit this page are . However, exceptional edits include spelling, grammar and cohesion fixes. |
- 1 Overview
- 2 History
- 3 Counties
- 4 Transport
- 5 Economy
- 6 Power stations
- 7 Overseas territories
- 8 Education
- 9 Tax
- 10 Armed forces
- 11 Law and order
- 12 Last 5 election results
- 13 Media
- 14 8 typical images
- 15 Also see
- The Republic of Greater Benin/Benin.
Towns and cities
- Capital: Porto-Novo
- Largest city: Porto-Novo
- Other cities: Ilé-Ifẹ̀, Sokodé, Lagos, Abuja, Cotonou, Abomey, Lomé, Ouidah, Natitingou, Kandi and Bangui.
- Other languages:Fon, Adja, Fula, Igbo, Ibibio and French
- main:42.8% Christian
- Other religions:24.4% Muslim, 17.3% Vodun, 6% Animist, 1.9% Sky worship and 6.5% Atheist.
- main: 33.2% Yoruba
- other: 15.2% Fon, 12.3% Adja, 9.2% Bariba, 7.0% Fula, 6.25% Ibibio, 6.1% Ottamari, 4.0% Kabye, 2.5% Dendi, 0.75% French, 0.6% Ewe, 0.5% Tem, 0.5% Gourma, 0.5% Bakongo and 1.5% mixed tribal bloods and clourds.
- Demonym: Beninian
- Marxist-Leninist single-party state.
- government: Central Committee
- President: Modupe Grace Jimoh
- Deputy President: Tammy Ibiwunmi Omotayo Olufunke Olufunmilola Aduke Ajuwe
- Chairman of the Central Committee: Wunmi Funmi Ozolua
- 41,956,456 (2450 census.), 42,656,456 (2460 census.), 42,756,456 (2470 census.), 43,958,156 (2480 census.), 44,258,100 (2490 est.), 44,278,100 (2500 est.).
- Established: 0
- Independence: 0
- Currency: Benin Franc, B₣
- Internet TLD:BN
- calling_code: 06
It is a flat, rural island with and mountainous north central zone. Most people live in urban localities, the vast majority of which are coastal towns and cities.
Abomey and Ilé-Ifẹ̀ lye directly east of the Benin central Mountains. Porto-Novo Is situated at the mouth of the south western River Oyo. Lomé is situated between the west coast's Rivers North and South Niger. Sokodé, Lagos, Abuja, Cotonou, Ouidah and Natitingou are placed in that order traveling along the coast from Porto-Novo to Lomé. Kandi lies by the mouth of the north Eastern River Senegal.
All the towns have a thriving market economy, but inefficacy and the backward infrastructure under mine it's input severely. Porto-Novo is a major fishing and food processing center.
The climate is tropical rainforest in the west, tropical Savannah in the east and sub-tropical rainforest on the central mountains. The 6,545 ft Peak Compaoré, 6,475, 5,400 ft Mount Rawlings, Ft Peak Gnassingbé, 4,752 ft Mount Yayi and 4,755 ft Mount Klassou are in the heart of the central Benin Mountains.
Porto-Novo was devastated in 20 by an American and British kinetic rod weapon, with many thousands deaths.
A run down low capacity railway and a lightly used 2 laine motorway run through all the major towns and cities as it Curcumnavigates the island and the only international airport is at Porto-Novo. Hellyports are found in all main town and cities.
A stable, but financially poor type mostly based on peasant agriculture. Chicken, eggs, Copra, sorghum, millet, rice, grapes, sweet potato, sugarcane, carrots, black-eyed peas, cassava, bananas, coconuts, pineapples and their processed products are 85% of the economy. Safari trips and a small natural gas rig 6 miles of the coast of Porto-Novo each contribute 5.25% of the economy's worth.
Agricultural harvest have also begins to spike up in production due to the now 10 year old coastal irrigation sceams, especially on rice, grapes, sweet potato, sugarcane, pineapples and carrots.
Yorkshire mine prospectors have found some modest gold, copper, zinc and lead reserves in the Bennin Mountains over the last few years.
- 1 coal
- 2 oil
- 1 gas
- 1 bio-fuel
- 1 solar array
It has none.
The mandatory schooling age is 7 to 12, but continues voluntarily to 16 if the family can spare there children to go school not help at work.
There is a small gas industry, agricultural, radar technology and safari veterinary collage in the capital.
- Income tax 29% rich, 25% middle earners and 15% poor.
- VAT 12%.
- 1% excise duty.
The armed forces are a rag-tag militia of 20,000 (almost all are armed with either a pistol, sub-machine guns and/or a rifle) and are largely only meant to act as a domestic peacekeeping/civil defense force in time of crisis or invasion.
- 20 anti-shipping missiles (akin to the OTL Exocet).
- 5 patrol boats
- 3 coastal patrol submarines.
- 2 mine layers
- 2 mine sweepers
- 2 coastal patrol vessels.
- 2 offshore patrol vessel.
- 2 ASW helecpters
- 2 fighter jets (anlogus to the MiG 17)
- 2 Tainers (equivent to the MiG 15)
- 2 Light bombers
- 2 Ground atack aircraft
- 2 Troop transports
- 2 Cargo aircraft
- 50 Jeeps
- 50 troop trucks
- 50 cargo trucks
- 30 IFVs
- 25 APCs
- 15 light tanks
- 10 armored recover vehicles
- 5 armored bulldozer-tractors
Several dozen AA guns equivalent to the Flk 88 of our world and 5 SAM missiles analogous to the S-75 Dvina are at all important places to help see of any airborne attack.
- 4 utility helicopters.
- 4 Cargo carrying helicopters
- 2 coastal patrol vessels.
- 2 offshore patrol vessels.
- 2 maritime patrol aircraft.
- Porto-Novo coastguard base.
Law and order
Law and order are largely inline with UEM norms on issues like bail, but has become corrupted in places and is frequent user of the death penalty for spying, murder, treason, terrorism, corruption, rape and child abuse.
Last 5 election results
There is 1 digital TV and radio station in the capitol. There are 2 national TV and radio stations. Each major town and city has both a local analogue radio station and a local newspaper.
The national newspaper is The Yorùbá Chronicle. All major urban settlements also have a local news paper.
The internet is negligible outside the capitol and is only slight even there. Some government bodies like the police, the safari holiday firms, the airports, ports and the state gas firm account for 90% of all internet tragic on their system.
Many family have video recorders, CD players and land line phones. 45% have mobile phones and 8% have smart phones. Fiber optic phone lines, 4 G phones and broadband internet are not commonplace. 5% have the internet, of which 1% have Boardband internet.
Wifi Internet is mostly confined to the capital. The Government, police, military, big business, etc, also use it for official information transfer such as tax returns and ordering supplies).
8 typical images
- An Poblacht na Oileán Fada (A nice new world...)
- T' Socialist Republic o' New Yorksha (A nice new world...)
- Socijalističkata Balkanska Republika (A nice new world...)
- Awọn Olominira ti o Tobi Benin (A nice new world...)
- Democratic Republic of New Vermont (A nice new world...)
- O Democrática e Independente Grão-Ducado do Madeira (A nice new world...)
- جمهوری ساحلی فارسی (A nice new world...)
- ગુજરાતી દરિયાઇ રિપબ્લિક (A nice new world...)
- Republika Mali Shqiptare (A nice new world...)
- Republic of New Mobile (A nice new world...)
- Republic of Trenton (A nice new world...)
- Duché de Cherbourg (A nice new world...)
- Handelsstadt Zustand Zürich (A nice new world...)
- Independent Stet bilong Milen Be (A nice new world...)
- Ang Kaharian ng Bataan (A nice new world...)
- Th' Republic ay th' Forest Islain (A nice new world...)
- Le Royaume du Gabon (A nice new world...)
- Хойд тал Монгол улс (A nice new world...) The Mongolian Republic of the Northern Steppe
- Советская Социалистическая Республика Воронежа (A nice new world...)
- Republic of Buxton Town (A nice new world...)
- Zhōngguó de héxié gònghéguó (A nice new world...)
- 上海天上的共和国 (A nice new world...)
- Dinas-Wladwriaeth o Llanbedr (A nice new world...)
- Da mulkin Demokraɗiyya Jumhuriya na Hausa (A nice new world...)
- Il Comune di Milano (A nice new world...)
- Le Royaume de la Wallonie (A nice new world...)
- Ақтөбе Республикасы (A nice new world...)
- Ҷумҳурии Бишкек (A nice new world...)
- T' United Republic o' Gateshead, Newcastle 'n Durhamshire
- Jamhuri ya Jiji la Nairobi (A nice new world...) Republic of Nairobi City
- Jamhuuriyadda Magaalada Baari (A nice new world...)
- Dziko la Malaŵi (A nice new world...)
- 甘肃共和国岛。(A nice new world...) Republic of Gansu Island.
- Демократическая Республика Томска (A nice new world...) Democratic Reublic of Tomsk
- Безкоштовний республіка Бельбек (A nice new world...) The Free Republic of Belbek
- Beluu er a Belau (A nice new world...) Republic of Palau
- Republica Ceaușescu Oraș (A nice new world...) The Republic of Ceaușescu City
- Republica Democratică Țara Românească (A nice new world...) Democratic Republic of Wallachia
- Česká Republika (A nice new world...) Czech Republic
- República de San Salvador (A nice new world...)
- República Socialista u Maya/República Socialista Maya (A nice new world...)
- Liberal ka democrática República u Maaya u Occidente/Liberal ka Democrática Occidental República Maya le K'a'nabo' (A nice new world...)
- جمهورية القومية نيو دمشق (A nice new world...)
- República Fascista de San Juan (A nice new world...)
- جمهورية القومية بغداد الجديدة (A nice new world...)
- Republic of Cairo
- Republic of Aruba
- Republic of Ghana (A nice new world...)
- Mercantile Stadt Zustand (A nice new world...) Mercantile City State of of Heidelberg
- Republic of New Darwin (A nice new world...)
- Cộng hòa Nhân dân Cách mạng của Hà Nội (A nice new world...). The People's Revolutionary Republic of Hanoi
- Soviet Socialist Republic of Clydesdale (A nice new world...)
- Native American Federal Republic (A nice new world...)
- Republic of Conakry
- Republic of New Milwaukee (A nice new world...)
- The Maritime City of of New Samogitia
- Democratic Socialist Republic of Pennsylvania (A nice new world...)
- Lefatshe la Botswana (A nice new world...) Republic of Botswana
- Democratic Republic of Derbyshire (A nice new world...)
- Democratic Republic of Sichuan
- City state of Baku
- Duchy of Truro
- Principality of St. Hellier
- Principality of Bermuda
- Janūb al-Juba
- République démocratique du Brazzaville
- République démocratique du Kinshasa
- Democratic Republic of Kinloss (A nice new world...)
- Democratic Repulic of Mull
- République démocratique du Mustique
- Principality of St. Hellena
- Kingdom of New Hounslow (A nice new world...)
- The Utopian Island Republic of New St. Kitts (A nice new world...)
- Kingdom of Inverkargil (A nice new world...)
- Kingdom of Hampshire (A nice new world...)
- Socialist Republic of Mercia (A nice new world...)
- The Maritime Republic of New Tromsø
- Soviet Socialist Republic of Wales (A nice new world...)
- Democratic Republic of Palestine
- Социјалистичка Република Србија Острво (A nice new world...) The Socialist Island Republic of Serbia
- Republic of Georgia-Florida (A nice new world...)
- The Frigid Republic of Iowa (A nice new world...)
- Kingdom of Vienna
- Republic of Virginia (A nice new world...)
- דער רעפּובליק פון העברעוולאַנד \הרפובליקה של קרקע עברית (A nice new world...)
- Republic of Natal\Republiek van Natal (A nice new world...)
- Republic of New Patagonia
- Fürstbistum Brixen\Il principe-vescovile di Bressanone\Prince-Püspökség Brixen (A nice new world...) Prince-Bishopric of Brixen
- Слаўная Савецкая Сацыялістычная Рэспубліка Мінска (A nice new world...)The Glorious Soviet Socialist Republic of Minsk
- Konungariket Scandinavia (A nice new world...) The Kingdom of Scandinavia
- Island of Acapulco
- Os Estados Ilhas de Lisboa (A nice new world...) The United Island of Lisbon
- Democratic Island of Gdansk
- İstanbul Adalar Emirliği (A nice new world...) The Emirate of the Islands of Istanbul
- Βασίλειο της Αθήνας (A nice new world...) Kingdom of Athens
- 東京の幕府/Tōkyō no bakufu (A nice new world...) Shogunate of Tokyo
- Unitam Paple Insulae/Уједињени Папле острва/Ujedinjeni Paple Ostrva/Τα Ηνωμένα Paple νησιά/Ta Inoména Paple Nisiá/Zjednoczonych Wyspy Papel (A nice new world) The United Papal Islands
- Dziko la Malaŵi (A nice new world...)
- Republic of New Tabasco
- Federation of Barnet, Brent and Havering.
- Republic of Kilburnshire.
- Kingdom of Groningen.
- Duchy of the Isle of Tallinn.
- Te Käwanatanga Motu Maori Motuhake (A nice new world...) (The Independent Maori Island Republic)
- De ûnôfhinklike Frysk Eilân Republyk (A nice new world...) (The Independent Frisian Island Republic)