- County- Belfast City, N. Ireland, UK.
- Electorate- 60,914 (March 2011).
- Major districts- Ballynafeigh, Blackstaff, Botanic, Finaghy, Malone, Musgrave, Ravenhill, Rosetta, Shaftesbury, Stranmillis, Upper Malone, Windsor, and Woodstock, and the District of Castlereagh wards of Beechill, Cairnshill, Carryduff East, Carryduff West, Galwally, Hillfoot, Knockbracken, Minnowburn, Newtownbreda, and Wynchurch parts of Belfast and Castlereagh.
- Current constituency created- 1922.
- Member of parliament- Alasdair McDonnell (SDLP).
- Number of members- One.
- Created from- Belfast Cromac, Belfast Ormeau.
- Ethnic majority- Overwhelmingly White N. Irish. Many are of English, Irish and Scots ethnic extraction.
- Urban\rural split- Urban.
- Total political rule by each party in years- Conservative 17, Vanguard Unionist 3, Independent Unionist 8, UUP 80. Progressive Unionist 7, DUP 1, and SDLP 12.
- The Troubles
- David Cameron's "Big Society"
- How to tell your election was rigged!?
- The 1950 United Kingdom general election
- Some typical UK Parliament constituencies
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.