Benešov (German: Beneschau) is one of 6 regions of the former Czechoslovakian Republic, They are Bohemia, Czech Prague, Moravia, Slovakia, Dolní Dvořiště and Benešov.
It is a colony of the ruined GDR. Benešov (German: Beneschau) was the seen of several anti-German riots in the 1970s. The near by Konopiště castle and Mount Blaník saw an anti-German riot in 1987.
A law was passed in 2008 saying that all Polish and Czech men were to be circumcised, all Czech women were to have thire given names changed to "Gretchen" and all Polish women were to have thire given names changed to "Magda". Now the town has the highest concentration of Gretchens and Magdas in Europe.
- Capital- Benešov (Beneschau). It is still mostly in ruins.
- Language- Bohemian dialect Czech, Northern dialect German and Polish.
- Population- 16,500. (1,500 Polish refugees, 10,000 native Czechs and 5,000 GDR refugees).
- Religion- Atheist, Lutheran and Roman Catholic.
- Other cities- Non.
- The other allied states- GDR.