- "The cost of 1 modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities."- 1957.
- Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.- 1938.
- It was reincarnated as "Power comes from the barrel of a gun." and sloganised during the Cold War.
- "Two thousand years ago the proudest boast was "civis Romanus sum." Today, in the world of freedom, the proudest boast is "Ich bin ein Berliner."."- 1963.
- "Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country"- 1961.
- "Workers of the world, unite!"- 1843
- It was reincarnated as "Proletarier aller Länder vereinigt Euch!"", literally "Proletarians of all countries, unite!" by Marx and Engels in 1948." and sloganised in both forms during the Cold War.
Star Trek TV show
- The show's lead in voice over quoted:
- "Space: The final frontier
- These are the voyages of the Starship, : Enterprise
- Its 5 year mission
- To explore strange new worlds
- To seek out new life and new civilizations
- To boldly go where no man has gone before."- 1966.
This gave rise to the phrases: "Space: The final frontier." and "To boldly go where no man (or later "one" or "person") has gone before."
- "That's one small step for a man, a giant leap for mankind."- 1969.
- "Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand."- 1969.
- "Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."- 1969.
- "I'm going to step off the LEM now."- 1969.
- You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
- You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up.
- Later, I realized that the mission had to end in a let-down because the real barrier wasn't in the sky but in our knowledge and experience of supersonic flight.