India gained independence in 1947. Kochi was the first princely state to willingly join the Indian Union. Both Cochin and Travancore merged to create Travancore-Cochin, and later Malabar district of Madras State on 1 November 1956 to form the new Indian integral state of Kerala.
The nation's statsEdit
They mostly spoke Malayalam and English. They believed in Hinduism and Christianity. It was an absolute monarchy that had lasted between 6th century AD–1949 and became a Princely state between 1814–1947.
- Integration of Junagadh
- Integration of Bantva Manavadar
- Integration of the Kingdom of Travancore
- Integration of the Mahar Rajadom of Kashmir and Jammur
- Integration of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Integration of Goa
- Integration of Puducherry