This is a collection of world maps showing the average life expectancy at birth, since statistics began in 1946.
- I relocated the FSM, Guam and Wallis & Fatuna on later maps.
- I missed of Madeira, the Canaries and the Azors off of several older maps by mistake.
- Reunion is the slightly smaller western island, Mauritius is the slightly larger eastern island. Sadly, the maps are not constant over which is the 1 and 2 pixel large island. Mauritius is often mentioned, so if there is only one shaded, it Mauritius, since Runion is rarely mentioned.
- I failed to recolour some coastal zones when changing the nation's colour on older maps by mistake.
- Examples: Sweden's Gotland Island and Croatia's Dalmatian Islands.
- Some dependency like French Polynesia record separate data and are shown as such. Others like the Falklands merge their data with that of the home land, this is missed on several maps that show them erroneously as gray for data N\A.
The historically observed starting dates for noticable post WW2 national developmentEdit
- Japan\The European city-states, Scandinavia and Switzerland- 1947
- USSR- 1947\1997
- Western\Europe- 1948
- East Asia-1949
- Central Europe- 1950
- E. Europe- 1955
- USA\Canada\Australia\NZ\Sothern Cone nations- 1960
- Cuba\The Balkans\Southern Europe\Rest of S. America\Mexico\S. E. Asia 1965
- Midel East- 1965
- S. Asia- 1970
- N. Africa- 1975
- RSA- 1979
- Central America- 1980
- Caribian- 1982
- Sub-Saharan Africa- 1985\2005
- Pasific Islands- 1987.
- The 3rd World
- The GDP factor!
- Today's OTL types of economies, societies, lifestyles and regimes in maps
- http://data.un.org/Data.aspx?d=WDI&f=Indicator_Code%3aSP.DYN.LE00.IN (set os site filters for 1960, 1965, 1970, 1985 and 2014).
- UK atlases by Harpercollins andTimes and Oxford University Press.
- Original blank map taken from Wikipedia.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.