- County- Manchester City, Greater Manchester, England, UK.
- Electorate- 89,519 (December 2010).
- Major district- Ancoats and Clayton, Ardwick, Bradford (Mancunian brough, not the Yorkshire city), [Manchester] City Centre, Hulme, Miles Platting and Newton Heath, Moss Side, and Moston.
- Current constituency created- 1974.
- Member of parliament- Lucy Powell (Labour Co-operative).
- Number of members- One.
- Created from- Manchester Platting, Manchester Exchange and Manchester Cheetham.
- Ethnic majority- Small White English majorty, with large Asian and British-Asian minorities.
- Urban\rural split- Urban\ex-industrial.
|Feb 1974||Harold Lever||Labour||Previously MP for Manchester Exchange from 1945 and for Manchester Cheetham from 1950. Resigned July 1979 on being raised to the peerage.|
|1979 by-election||Bob Litherland||Labour||.|
|1997||Tony Lloyd||Labour||Previously MP for Stretford from 1983. Resigned October 2012 to run for Police and Crime Commissioner in Greater Manchester.|
|2012 by-election||Lucy Powell||Labour||.|
- Total political rule by each party in years- Labour 43.
- David Cameron's "Big Society"
- How to tell your election was rigged!?
- The 1950 United Kingdom general election
- Some typical UK Parliament constituencies
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.