The Meldrum transmitting station is a broadcasting and telecommunications facility, situated on Core Hill, 4.3 miles (6.9 km) north-west of the village of Oldmeldrum in Aberdeenshire. It is owned and operated by Arqiva.
- Location- Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire.
- Mast height- 135 metres (443 ft).
- Coordinates- 57.3855°N 2.4°WCoordinates: 57.3855°N 2.4°W.
- Grid reference- NJ760328.
- Built- 1955.
- BBC region- BBC Scotland (1955-1985).
It was built in 1955.
It was accused in the late 1970s of carrying secret government radio messages at or near to 100.5 MHz and 420 MHz, but this was denied a the time.
Current transmission services
|Frequency MHz||Frequency Block||kW||Operator|
|223.93 MHz||12B||10||BBC National DAB|
|88.7 MHz||,||150||BBC Radio 2|
|90.9 MHz||.||150||BBC Radio 3|
|93.1 MHz||.||150||BBC Radio Scotland|
|95.3 MHz||.||150||BBC Radio 4|
|98.3 MHz||.||150||BBC Radio 1|
|104.2 MHz||.||150||BBC Radio nan Gàidheal|
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Banffshire.