The Isle of Man (Manx: Ellan Vannin [ˈɛlʲən ˈvanɪn]), also known simply as Mann (/mæn/; Manx: Mannin [ˈmanɪn]), was a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between the islands of Great Britain and Ireland.
The were none on the island save for a 200lb bomb that was dropped on the runway at Isle of Man Airport, but the UK, save for a few lucky enclaves, was devised beyond repair.
The Pobblaght Vannin\Republic of Man was formed in 1962 by the Isle of Man after the atomic war of 1962 destroyed most of the UK. They took in several thousand refugees, but their resources were very limited and soon ran low, but was not catastrophic due to a small amount of humanitarian aid coming from Ireland in 1962 and 1963. Meteorological issues caused strife for the next 2 years and then life returned to normal. A deadly cholera outbreak hit the refugee camps in 1962 and 1963.
The fishing fleet was expanded during the 1970s. Manx has made a resurgence since the 1980s. Sugar beat is turned in to alcohol to fuel a few farm tractors and motorbikes.
It made successful first contact with Sandwith, Rottington, St Bees, Isle of Whitholm, Cutcloy, Kidsdale, Cairngaan, Maryport, Kirkmaiden and Llanbadrig was made in 1983. The total population of the protected enclaves is about 750 medieval types. A simultaneous landing in Ballywalter was attacked by hostile natives that numbered about 200 medieval types in total. Ireland offers the Isle of Man protection from any sea raiders from the former UK, especially Ulster.
A curious sailing fishing boat from the Republic of the Hebrides landed in Douglass, leading to a successful fist contact with the Isle of Man on May 1st, 1997.
Posters are nailed up as and when necessary by the local authorities. Irish papers are available and cover local affairs.
- Name- Pobblaght Vannin\Republic of Man\Man\The Isle.
- Languages = Manx and English.
- Other Languages= Welsh, Scots, Sottish Galeic, Scouse and Irish.
- Anthem = Arrane Ashoonagh dy Vannin (Manx)\"O Land of Our Birth."
- Capital = Douglas.
- Demonym = Manx.
- Governing_body = Tynwald.
- Type of government= Democraticly elected semi-presidential republic.
- Area = 221 sq mi.
- Population = 58,245.
- President= Howard Quayle.
- Chairperson of the Tynwald- N\A
- Currency = Manx Pound.
- Motto= "Quocunque Jeceris Stabit" (Latin)\"Whithersoever you throw it, it will stand."
- Largest city: Peel
- Other cities: Casteltown, Port St. Mary, Laxey, Ramsey and Ballaugh.
- Religion: Church of England
- Ethnic groups: Mostly English and Manx, but also some Irish and Hebridan Scots.
- Independence: 1962