There is a lot of confusion about the terms United Kingdom and Great Britain. This is unnecessary because UK is short for 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.' Hence Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales; the United Kingdom of these plus Northern Ireland.
It is worth noting, if you want to avoid bloomers with the residents, that neither the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm) nor the Isle of Man are part of either of the above entities!
Hotels and lodgingEdit
- Jesmond Dene Hotel 27 Argyle Street London, WC1H 8EP Phone: +44 207 837 4654, Fax: +44 207 833 1633]
- Vacapedia.com - Thousands of holiday homes in England
- Lincoln House Hotel: A 3 star accommodation in the heart of central London
- Hotel Victoria Gt Yarmounth Kings Road, Great Yarmouth, tel. +44(0)1493 843872
- Excelsior Hotel London 42 Argyle Square, WC1H 8AL, tel. +44 (0)207 837 0571, fax. +44 (0)207 713 5835
- Discount City Hotels 5th floor, Cygnet House, 12-14 Sydenham Road, Croydon CR9 2ET, ENGLAND, UK, Phone: +44 2086803001, Fax: +44 2086037321
Maps and transportationEdit
Getting to United KingdomEdit
Exploring United KingdomEdit
Practical information and resourcesEdit
- About-Britain.com guide A thematic guide to Britain for visitors ; useful ideas tips and background information for anyone planning to discover the United Kingdom as a tourist or visitor, or even as a student.
|Add a new photo to the photo gallery. Vote on which images to feature in the featured images forum.|
|Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? Add it here!|
Add links to other sites here